Saturday, March 21, 2015


Believe me when I say, we are so happy to be back.  The last two days were harrowing.  First Boise and we blew a bearing.  After seven hours at a Texaco station, Doug thought it was fixed. 

We set off for Walmart for our overnight stop.  NO, you cannot park overnight in the Walmart on Overland in Boise.  At that point, Doug noticed the repair was hot.  Oh no, that can't be good.  By this time, it was getting dark.  We needed to find a auto parts store.  We did and the lovely staff told us that the Smoke Shop just down the block let overnighters park in the vacant lot next door.  The woman confirmed that was so and we limped there.

Upon investigation in the morning, Doug discovered that the rim was bent.  We bought a new rim and tire and he did the repair again.  It went much quicker as he has done this several times now.  This is not necessarily a good thing.  We finally left Boise around 1:00 pm.  Of course we were nervous about whether this time it was actually fixed.  We stopped several times to check on it.  

At Tulalip, the wheel was warm. We got set up at Tulalip Casino rv parking. We did not sleep much that night and in the morning drove around a bit and it didn`t heat up anymore.

So we were off.  It`s only about a 2 hour drive from Tulalip to Langley.  We arrived at the border at 10:30 am and even though we never have any problem with crossing, this time it was even easier because the woman in the booth was changing shifts.  Only question was "How long have you been away?".

We were at our friends place where we park every spring and fall by 10:45 am.  They have been doing some renovating and the area in the back of their acreage now has a riding ring and a very nice driveway.  We are parked there, under the willows, beside a pond.  Lots of daffodils.  Probably the nicest rv site we have ever had.

Graeme came over for lunch and visited until he had to leave for work.  About that time, it started to rain, then POUR.  It poured like that most of the night and started back up this morning.  Holy cow, thundering down.  We couldn't even hear over the rain.

This morning we have come to the library to use the internet and pick up some books and movies.  The gardens are full of daffodils.

We will blog again in a few days.  We will be here for 10 days before we set off to the park.


Jan Mains said...

Doug is so good about repairing anything. Glad it worked out for you.

Rick and Kathy Rousseau said...

Glad the repairs worked out for you. The hub warmed up after the repairs because the brakes had to realign themselves.
For years I have used an electronic heat sensing gun to avoid bad bearings.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It's about time.

Jim and Sandie said...

Thank goodness Doug is so handy. I sure hope the rest of your summer goes a whole lot smoother. And that you don't float away.

Linda Sand said...

Welcome home. Wear boots. Or Crocs like I do. :)

Sue and Doug said...

Glad you landed safely ..the wet coast?..hopefully the rain will stop eventually!

where's weaver said... two sure have been tested on patience this trip. Glad you are home safe and sound.

George Yates said...

Nice that your have the problems resolved.
Love those spring tulips. hopefully here soon.

Wanderin' said...

What a year this has been for you. Glad you made it back safe and sound and those troubles are behind you. Enjoy yourselves now.

Peter + Beatrix said...

Nice to see all the daffodils. That is still a long ways off here in Alberta (and the East Coast)

Dianne and Steve said...

Glad you made it back safely. There is "ALWAYS" something on an RV to fix regardless of age or cost.:-((
See ya soon!