Thursday, September 16, 2010

DOUG AND TONI GO TO THE BIG CITY - Toronto in the Rain

Before I get to the story of Doug and Toni Go To the Big City, I wanted to show you something.  Jeri I know that you love this kind of thing.  I call this SOME PEOPLE.  Look under the bench.  A dirty diaper.  And just beyond the truck, the garbage bins.  SOME PEOPLE!

Today Doug and I went on an adventure.  We wouldn't come to the Toronto area without going to see Graeme's best friend Michael.  Michael is a chef at the Hyatt Hotel in downtown Toronto.  He doesn't have a car so we thought we would take transit.  I researched it on the internet.  We went to the train station but the rapid transit trains only run in rush hour.  So we take the bus.  Okay, we have no idea where we are but we ask the driver and he helps us.  We arrive in the city and it's pouring rain.  We have no umbrella.  We bought one.  We met Michael but by then we were drenched.


<<< In the middle of this picture is the famous CN Tower but it's lost in the clouds.








Michael took us out to lunch at a very posh "bistro" called Biffs.  Posh French food.  Expensive but very delicious.  He helped us order because the menu items were all fancy.

I had a lamb burger.  Yummy!   Doug had a fancy omelet and Michael had the duck.











For dessert I ordered the ice cream.  Well, honestly, it was about three thimblefulls for $9.00.

After lunch Michael wanted to take us to his hotel to introduce us around.  We took the subway.  (old and very noisy).











We had a thoroughly fun day despite the rain.  We did manage to take the train back.

4 comments:

Jim and Sandie said...

Sounds way too fancy for me but I bet it was delicious. Interesting looking train cars. So did you clean up the dirty diaper? Yuck.

palamine said...

Yeah, of course I picked up the diaper. Gingerly of course. (I wish these word verifications could be Scrabble words!!)

Wanderin' said...

What do you mean when you say you know I love those things? I don't like people that litter and especially poopie stuff.

It started raining here too. Don't like it. If we didn't have commitments for another couple of weeks, we'd be out of here!

palamine said...

Jeri, I mean you like the "some people" are so inconsiderate stuff like the times people have parked so close to you that you can't get out of your awning room. Or the people who watch their dogs poop and not clean it up.