Tuesday, November 7, 2017

FRIENDS, FOOD AND FITNESS

As I write this blog, Doug is climbing Picacho Peak.  It's a hard climb so I stayed home.  I am so proud of him.

Monday, our friends Jeri and Terry came down from Tempe for a visit.  We spent an enjoyable few hours drinking wine and catching up.  We are looking forward to another visit.  (shame, shame, I forgot to take any pictures.)

This past week our dear friends, Donna and Gord came to Arizona.  Donna and Gord are the couple that we worked with at Monck Park.  We left the park in their capable hands this year.  They needed a break for sure.  Donna and Gord don't travel much at all so this was a big deal.




Enjoying a tall cool one outside (82* F at 8 pm)

We wanted to show them the sights around Casa Grande.  We had never been to the Casa Grande Ruins so that was up first.  It was quite interesting for all of us.


We drove around a bit and then took them to one of our favourite spots, The 99 Cent Store.  Hard to say which they liked better.

The following day, we wanted to take them to Rooster Cogburn's Ostrich Farm.  It was closed!  We had never looked around Picacho State Park and Campground which is next to Rooster Cogburn's.  Donna and Gord were really impressed with the desert and the cacti.
This was also the opportunity for Doug is check out the hiking trails.



That night we took Gord and Donna to Eva's Mexican Foods that night.  It was very, very good.

Our friend Joan is a painter.  She gave us three of her paintings for the motorhome.  They are lovely.  We treated them to dinner to repay the favour.  We tried two restaurants that both had long wait times and decided to try Eva's again.  It was excellent.  Until now, I hadn't been a fan of Mexican food.  This was great food.



The company was also great.  Joan and her husband Ken usually spend the whole winter here in Rovers' Roost.  This year they have different plans.  We saw them off this morning.



All this eating out will take its toll.  Doug walks or rides his mountain bike every day.  I bought a stationery bike.  I have to start out slow but my knees are becoming more flexible daily.



I will end with a few photos of around the park.  The weather is changing.  The normal winter temperatures are here.  Days in the high 70's and nights in the 60's.  We can live with that!






Bougainvillea


Doug bikes along the irrigation ditches adjacent to the park.



5 comments:

Linda Sand said...

It's good to see you both exercising. When I tried riding a bike barefoot I wound up with bad foot cramps. I have to wear shoes to ride.

Wanderin' said...

And, we visited too!!

Jim and Sandie said...

I have a bike that just sits outside and I can't get myself to use it. I really need to follow your lead. Nice that you had such a good time with your friends. I bet they really enjoyed themselves.

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

We really like hiking Picacho Peak too. Lots of pretty views.

Glad to read you are meeting up with so many good friends. Let the partying continue.

palamine said...

I go really slowly and do it only about 20 minutes. I am trying to work my left knee to make it more flexible