Monday, September 25, 2017

A LONG DRIVE - All the Way to Bagley

Our intention was to have an overnight in a parking lot somewhere near Duluth, Minnesota.  But we got going and Doug didn't want to stop.  510 miles from Madison, Wisconsin to Bagley, Minnesota.

It was raining and we needed to turn on the defroster.  We had been in so much humidity, that turning on the defroster sent up a stream of steam.  Visibility = zero.  We had to pull over on a narrow shoulder and towel dry the windshield.  But we were fine.

We arrived at son David's on Saturday suppertime.  We will spend at least two weeks here with David, his wife Stefani and their son Nickolas.  We will celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving on Sunday the 8th with extended family including granddaughter, Lizzy who now lives in Fargo.

We need this time.  This morning I baked.  Seems like ages ago that I baked.  I cleaned and organized.  I am beginning to get my energy back.





I will end with a chuckle.  I wanted to get the "Welcome to Minnesota" sign to show David and family that we were in the state.  I aimed and shot.  Do you think I could have done any better not getting the shot.


You can just see the beginning of the sign post!!

2 comments:

Linda Sand said...

That welcome sign looks like a picture I'd take. What a hoot! It will be nice to have some down time with family for awhile.What a bonus finding David and his family has turned out to be.

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

HAHAHAHA...been there; done that.