Thursday, April 23, 2015

LIFE GOES ON - Just Barely

I wish I could tell you that we were both well.  Well I can't.

Our first visit to the on-call doctor at the hospital was a total bust.  He prescribed Tylenol 3 for the pain we had in our chest from coughing so hard.  That was taken care of in the first day and now we have some very expensive painkillers.  (our friend Doug B. offered to take them off our hands for $5.00 each, but that would make us drug dealers).  The doctor recommended that we take an expectorate.  We have finished that bottle.  No change.

Our second visit to the on-call doctor at the hospital was a bit more helpful.  This was a very nice, seemingly very efficient doctor.  He took a chest xray on Doug.   Nothing showing on the xray.  That's good, it rules out pneumonia at this point.  He prescribed antibiotics for Doug and for me just to continue with the expectorate.  At this time, I was feeling about 75%.

It's now 10 days that we have been unwell.  Doug coughs all the time.  Maybe not as bad as before but it comes and goes.  Most nights he can sleep without coughing.

We both have hot spells, Doug has cold ones as well.

At this point, I have been researching Valley Fever as Doctor #2 noticed that Doug was wearing an Arizona t-shirt.  The doctor asked.  It all fits except that on-set of Valley Fever is 1 to 3 weeks after exposure.  We have been away from Arizona for 2 and a half months.

              WE NEED DR. HOUSE!!!

We both try to work.  We still don't have water in the park so the work we can do is limited.  Doug has been painting bathroom floors and I have been doing what paperwork I can do at home.

Again thank goodness for our wonderful co-workers.  Hats off to Doug B. and his wife Sue, and Steve and his wife Dianne.  
Dianne rakes millions of pine needles

Steve and Sue loading needles on to the truck
Steve and Doug B.  hard at work
Doug did do one thing for me at home.  We bought a bigger television for the living room.  Doug installed the smaller television in the bedroom.  A very professional job, isn't it.

During all this, I had a birthday.  A fairly inconsequential birthday.  Next year at 65 good things happen.  We were not in the mood for partying.  This was my gift.  We will celebrate when we are well.  That will be a HUGE reason to celebrate.

A few pictures from around our park.  It's a lovely place.  Come visit.

The day use area.

The view from the road to the park showing the summer community of Harmon Estates

She's the only one so far.


Allison said...

Whatever you two has just sounds awful. I do hope that you are much better very soon.

Jim and Sandie said...

You guys have really really been sick. Sure wish they could figure out what is really wrong and get you feeling better.

Wanderin' said...

You need a doctor that will run tests until he finds what's wrong for sure.

Get well and then go enjoy those places you took a picture of for us to enjoy.

Jan Mains said...

Judy Reinhimer had a terrible case of it but a knowledgeable doctor. She could tell you and your doctor a lot. Can I give her your email address? Take care and don't overdo it until you're feeling better.

Striper said...

Sounds like the same thing several of my friends have had. Takes forever to get rid of.


Linda Sand said...

Whatever that thing is I wish it would go away and leave you alone. I hope none of your coworkers get it; you are in no shape to cover for them.

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

This is not what I wanted to read. We are so sorry that you illness lingers on. I read Jan's comment. Hope her friend can help you two.

The park does look so nice.

George Yates said...

Being unwell sure is not fun, hope what ever it is goes away soon for you.