This afternoon I was taking out the garbage, slipped on my flip flops and got quite a surprise. Something bit me. I pulled the shoe off right away and saw the culprit, now dead!
A red ant. Wow what a bite. You would not think that such a little thing could pack such a wallop.
Being concerned that I may have an allergic reaction, I first took some Benadryl. Then we looked on the internet.
We washed my big toe with soap and water, rubbed it with rubbing alcohol and applied a baking soda paste. Then we wrapped it loosely in gauze.
It stung like the dickens for about 5 hours and now…it is gone…completely. I am having a hard time remembering which toe.
I am sure going to make sure I shake out my shoes from now on.