Monday, August 16, 2010

SWIFT CURRENT AND MOOSE JAW, SASKATCHEWAN - the Prairies

We are slowly making our way across the Canadian prairies. 

We stayed at Trail Campsite in Swift Current for two days.  Nice enough park, pretty lousy laundramat.
The weather was very changeable.  The photo was taken during one of the few sunny spells.  It rains so hard you can't hear yourself in the rig.  At least most of the bugs have been washed off.






This morning we hit the road and travelled to Moose Jaw.  I know that all our American friends have a little grin on their faces right now.  Silly name.  Silly stories as to how they came up with the name too.
One story was that the bend in the river looks like a moose jaw (duh why would that look different than say a cow jaw).  The other is that it is a corruption of the Indian word for "soft winds".

We were at this RV park last September just a couple of weeks after we started our new life.  This is a great park.  It's called Prairie Oasis and it is right on the #1 Hwy in Moose Jaw.  The park is motel, rv park, restaurant, garage.  It has great sites, a great laundry and very friendly staff.  There is an indoor pool with a water slide but we haven't been in there yet.  Might not.



The reason we may not check out the pool is that I have a nasty cold.  I am so hoping that Doug does not get it from me but it's probably inevitable.

We are going to be here for three days to try to get over my cold and to see whether Doug gets it before we head on over to Winnipeg to see our oldest daughter, Charlette, her husband and the two grandsons that we barely know.  We have picked out an RV park near Winnipeg called Rubber Ducky RV Resort.   The boys should like that name, eh!

4 comments:

Wanderin' said...

You are right. The names you are throwing at us really give us a chuckle!

Jim and Sandie said...

I sure hope you're feeing better real soon. Summer colds are not fun.

Linda Sand said...

There are few things I try not to share but colds are one of them. I hate colds. You treat them and they last seven days. You don't treat them and they take a week. So, I just do everything I can to comfort myself and wait them out. I hope you are comforting yourself the best you can.

Jerry and Janice Hyder said...

I can't wait for the Rubber Ducky Rv Park. No rubber ducky in moose jaw???!!!