Thursday, March 8, 2018

LINCOLN CITY AND BEYOND





A short hop up the 101 and we made Lincoln City before lunch.  We expected to have to wait to check in but no.  That's always nice because it's like you have an extra day.

Doug getting some great shots, up close.


We are at the KOA in Lincoln City, Oregon.  We always feel that although KOA parks cost more, the extra cost is worth it.  KOA parks are always clean and well maintained.  This park is no exception; a very extensive store, wonderful staff, a great laundry room (by now you know how important laundry is to me).  The pull-through sites are long and hedged and terraced so you don't really see your neighbours. (sorry no picture, it's too awful outside to take one this morning).



For the rest of our "free" day, I went shopping at the outlet mall.  Always a fun stop for me but of course not so much for Doug.  I went on my own, bought things for myself and scouted out things for Doug that I could take him to see the following day.  Every store has huge discounts.  My only disappointment was the take-out Chinese food I purchased before I left.  It was horrible.  Note to self never again go to Mimiji.

The following day, after a quick trip to the mall, we went to Newport and the Oregon Coast Aquarium.  We have passed it for years and this was the year we would finally go.  It's fairly expensive, $20.00 each for seniors, and I expected to be underwhelmed.  Not at all.  It's a beautiful facility, well-laid out and super clean.  


Beautiful colours

I found Nemo!

Yum, lobster


We had an absolutely beautiful day the day of the Aquarium visit, but now it is rainy and windy.  Not really the best day to travel but it should be a lot different as we will be inland and not traveling on the freeway.  

Seaside/Cannon Beach is our next stop for 2 days.  On our way will be visiting the Tillamook Cheese Factory for a late breakfast.

3 comments:

mskayndan said...

Love Newport... There's a great resort about 3 miles out to the North Great restaurants downtown Newport... one in a hotel that overlooks the water.... awesome food. Love Depot Bay.... I could sit there and watch whales forever! Have fun!!

Linda Sand said...

Taking time to enjoy the sights along the is the best way to travel. Glad the weather is not too cold--that rain could be snow. :(

Wanderin' said...

I love that area too. There's so much to do and just to enjoy. KOA? I've rarely been a fan of KOA and it's not always been the price. We usually try elsewhere but sometimes have had no choice. There are many great parks along the Washington and Oregon coasts.