Tuesday, November 21, 2017

DOUG'S BUCKET LIST

I haven't been able to blog for a week.  Lesson learned the hard way.  If your laptop is about to fall to the floor, don't grab it by the corner of the screen.  I thought I could live with the corner blacked out but it got bigger and bigger.  I thought about replacing the whole computer but then that would have meant moving everything over.  We replaced the screen.

***********************************************************************************
Last week Doug climbed Picacho Peak, a 6 1/2 hour hike.  He was so pleased that he completed it.

This week Doug did his first sky dive at Sky Dive Arizona in nearby Eloy.  This was something he had always wanted to do.  Needless to say he was quite apprehensive but he did it.  

Here are a few pictures for you.  A camera man dives first and follows you down.  We have a video too but it's too big to post.


Ready?  I guess so.

Doug and his instructor, Rich, just before the jump

No turning back now



Free falling

Ironically, that is Picacho Peak in the top left corner.  The town of Eloy directly below.




He absolutely loved it.  He says there was a moment during the free fall that he wondered what the hell he was doing.  He could not wipe the smile off his face for days.  Truly an experience.

Safely on the ground

Thanks Rich

I watched from the ground.  I was so happy to finally see him falling out of the sky in front of me.

Doug now has the "jump bug".  He wants to take the course so he can do some more jumps.  We may be here for a while!

What will he want to do next?




5 comments:

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

Paul and I hiked Picacho Peak. It is an amazing hike. Good job Doug.
Never Ever would I jump out of a plane. Good grief, I could barely look at the photos. Speaking of photos....those are amazing! Way to go Doug. You now are addicted to one of the more expensive hobbies...lol

Linda Sand said...

Brave man, Doug.

Rick and Kathy Rousseau said...

Congratulations on your first Sky-Dive. May you do many more.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It's about time.

Wanderin' said...

Great photos but absolutely no interest in jumping out of a good plane that's still flying as it should.

Jim and Sandie said...

No way, no how, never, ever. But I loved seeing the smile on Doug's face.