Wednesday, June 15, 2016

A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS

They say that a picture is worth a thousand words.  Well I don't have a thousand words for you but I do have pictures.  Most of our furry friends.


Let's start with this one because it is my favourite.  Look at the colours.  And there sits the chipmunk with such a look of ownership.


We have never had so may marmots in the park.  These days we often see the young ones but I think this is a full grown one.


This one has obviously spotted something.


The buck from last year's fawns is not as shy as his sister.


Since we threw out the red sugar water that comes with your hummingbird feeders, we have been visited by many hummingbirds.  One is bright orange but too fast for a photo.





This guy looks like he is going bum first.



Mommy Robin feeding Baby Robin.


Squirrels are out numbered by chipmunks by 100 to one.


This woodpecker is called a Flicker.  They fly like rockets.

And now for the interactive part of my blog.  We need your help.  What is this?  We have seen it only once before and it grows into this exotic orange plant.  Help!





Any ideas??

7 comments:

Wanderin' said...

Love the critters. They sure are entertaining!

Jim and Sandie said...

Have no idea what any plant us. But your critters are fun.

Jim and Sandie said...

Have no idea what any plant us. But your critters are fun.

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

Wonderful photos! I love looking at nature.
Wish I could help you with the plant ID.

heyduke50 said...

Not real sure what your plant is but I would bet it is a parasitic chlorophyll-free flowering similar to one I know called Conopholis

Linda Sand said...

There are very few plants I can identify but I sure enjoyed my visit to your zoo. :)

Patricia Carter said...

Loving the blue winged bee on the sunflower. It looks the part of the background.
theater tickets