Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Los Algodones

Monday morning we went to Algodones with Jim and Sandie.  Sandie needed a little tune-up on her new smile.  For any of you who have never been to Mexico for dental, you may be quite surprised with the quality of the work and how modern the offices are.
                                                                                                             Jan 25_10571

This was a quick visit.  We had time for some shopping (mostly browsing) and lunch.  Algodonese is very busy and very noisy.  There are hawkers every few feet offering every enticement you can think of ie.  “Hey lady – 99% off.”  The hawkers are not supposed to touch you but many do.  Bartering is expected and is sometimes ridiculous.   This burro started at $28.00!! but I got him for just $10.00.  I got him home and decided I didn’t like him so glad I didn’t spend much.

                                                                                          Jan 25_10619
I did get a really nice pair of silver Kokopelli earings.  Again, they started at $25.00 and I got them for $10.00.

We went to lunch in the courtyard.  The food was passable and the price was right.  $12.00 for this platter for two.  We were quite annoyed with the fact that we asked before we sat down whether Visa was accepted and were told – YES – and when we got our bill, it was not so.  Thank goodness our friends had some cash to lend us.

                                                                  Jan 25_10631
The very best thing to come out of our day was this great shot of Sandie with her new smile.  Beautiful!
Jan 25_10620

                                                                                  
I’ll leave you with a few more shots of Los Algodones.   I will say that I don’t think we will be going back any time soon. 

Jan 25_10570Jan 25_10561Jan 25_10604Jan 25_10558

5 comments:

Striper said...

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your trip to Algodones. Next time you might just ask Lynda to go along and show you around. And you should try El Rancherito Restuarant for your lunch. I always enjoy my time over there.

Joe

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

I remember eating at that same place in 2010. The food was okay, but the margaritas were great.

Wanderin' said...

Algondes doesn't change much. Even the trinkets remain the same. There are bargains galore there but not much we find we're looking for.

billandjanrvingtheusa.blogspot.com said...

I recognize that orange and yellow building. The only thing I was disappointed in was the food

Jim and Sandie said...

Food was so-so but the company was fantastic. Sure glad you guys went along with us.