Sunday, May 5, 2013

WORK! Ya do what you have to do!

We have been broke for so long, work is no longer a four letter word.  It's five - M O N E Y.

We have arrived at our summer park and there is work to be done.  Doug is to fix anything and everything that needs carpentry work done on it.

The heavy snowfall collapsed the roof over our ice freezers.
That was the first job.  

On the beach we have about two dozen picnic tables with roofs over them.  Yesterday one had to be removed completely as the bank to the beach was caving in.

Today Doug had to replace the beams holding one of the roofs up.  Pretty tricky if you don't want to drop the roof on yourself.  My husband is one smart cookie.
 
Rotted post

During the "renovation"

Done
 I go with Doug as his carpenter's helper.  I take a book and sit in the sun.  Too much sun today actually.  But I look good in red.

   These are our "wheels".  Fun running around the park on this believe me.

Our bats are late this year.  Yeah, I know, I hate bats too but if we don't have bats we have mosquitoes.   And look at the size of this sucker.  Holy cow!

  Mosquitoes don't like me but they really like Doug.  

I am still working on culling our trunks and wanted to share this picture.  I remember this picture.  I was fifteen.  


 And the black and white one is my grad picture.  Barely recognize myself.

5 comments:

Linda Sand said...

Wow you were beautiful then, too.

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

Bangs and a flip...I remember them well!

Sue and Doug said...

be sure not to work too hard! camping season is starting and then the real fun begins!

Wanderin' said...

We have all changed just a bit since we graduated from high school. Haven't we? Sounds like you will have a very busy summer making all that dough to take you south this winter.

Jim and Sandie said...

I think it's just so neat that Doug can fix anything. Mosquitoes like me also. In fact they love me. My high school picture is scary.