This has been a very challenging time for Doug and I.
On Valentine's Day our generator decided to bypass the voltage regulator and push 200+ volts into the rig. The lights got really bright, the tv went off and we smelled smoke. Doug dashed outside and turned the generator off.
The damage: the converter burned out and the television is done for. It was obvious that the problem was the voltage regulator. We ordered the part but it took five days to come. Five long cold days and very dark nights.
The generator is fixed. We thought that a fuse would fix the tv but no, it's done. Chucked it in a dumpster in Lake Havasu City. We will have to buy another soon. The converter has been replaced by a battery charger which works about the same. Our son is an electrician and thinks that he can rebuild the converter when we get back to B. C.
While all this was going on, my father had what he suspected was a stroke. Turned out to be a heart attack and he has had a pacemaker inserted. He is feeling better but we have to keep in pretty much constant contact.
Parker is not well. Last night we didn't expect him to make it through the night. If things don't improve even a little, we will have to put him down.
Today we left Lake Havasu City and moved on to one of our favourite places, Overton, Nevada.
My gramma used to say "new bricks, new sticks". Let's hope so.
We are feeling so much better already.