Monday, May 21, 2012

Confessions of a Runaway - Guest Blog by Doug


I have been told that confession is good for the soul.

My personal experience however, has not exactly confirmed this belief.

I think that really the best course is to avoid doing anything at all that needs to be confessed.

It seems though, that some people believe I have done some things that need owning up to.



So here goes:

1. I confess that I left home so I could spend all my time with my lover.



2. Sometimes I wake up in the morning and don't know where I am, or what day of the week it is.

3. Often I don't know where I'm going but I go anyway.

4. I feel that a day in which I have not done anything important has most likely been a happy day.

5. I confess that I no longer pay monthly utility bills or bother with mortgage payments.

6. I don't do yardwork anymore so I have lots of time to appreciate the work done by others.



7. When I am asked for my address I give a real one but it is not one that I live at.

8. I enjoy driving my very large truck.

9. I find the 6 o'clock news, the 11 o'clock news, in fact almost all news except the weather is mostly worth ignoring.

10. I don't feel guilt about any of the above.

 
There I think  I'm done. Does anybody feel any better? I don't, but you know what?....I felt pretty good before.


 
 

8 comments:

Wanderin' said...

I loved it!! I guess a lot of us would have to make similar confessions. Isn't that grand?

Striper said...

Dang, you really sound sorry for your actions. Hmmmmm take 3 strong Marguerita's and call me in the morning if you still felt that way. :-)

Jerry and Janice Hyder said...

I know you were glad to get that off your chest!!! hee hee

Sue and Doug said...

Confession is good for the soul!..hope you feel better!!

Jim and Sandie said...

This was a great post. Loved it. So glad you felt that you needed to confess. Keep up the good work.

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

Your confession makes you sound like an Angel compared to my confession.

I feel much better now that you confessed. Why..not really sure, just gave me a warm fuzzy feeling...hehe

Linda Sand said...

Your confession made me feel better. Always good to know we are not alone.

Bea said...

Great posting. I feel much better just reading it and knowing there are others out there who know what we are talking about here.