Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Back to eBay

As many of you are aware, Doug and I had a very successful eBay business for about 10 years before we went on the road.  The plan was that we would continue to sell on eBay on the road.  It didn't work that way and not for lack of trying.

We sold books on eBay.  Mostly childrens' books.  We discovered very early on in our new life that our sources, thrift stores mainly, did not have the books we were looking for.  We admit that we were quite particular about the condition of the books we sold.  We always said that if we found a new niche, we would begin again.

The new niche has not presented itself.  However, the other day my father gave me my mothers Hummel figurines.  So today I sat down and listed them on eBay.  In the past, we always used the Buy It Now feature, but we are not sure about the saleability of collectibles so I put them up in auction form.  Now we wait.

These are my little friends. 

The odd one is a Royal Doulton figurine.  She should do quite well.  The one that is likely to bring the best (about $120.00) is The Chimney Sweep.

5 comments:

Wanderin' said...

Any of those on Ebay that you could track down abd see what the others are selling for. I played with high end purses for a while. I'd buy them on clearance at Neiman Marcus and if they didn't sell, I'd take it back. I also found a Gucci at the Goodwill. Well, we did a few other things too ... like tent trailers and electronics. It was fun and it was addictive but soon got old. Christmas is coming so this is definitely the time.

Jim and Sandie said...

Good luck with your adventure. Haven't ever used E-Bay but I know a lot of people do.

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

Good luck. We have bought a few things on Ebay but not since we started traveling. Enjoy your week.

Sue and Doug said...

good luck with the EBay sales!!!..there is a buyer for everything!!

Linda Sand said...

I've bought a bunch of model railroad stuff on eBay but never did become a seller in spite of intentions to do so. I wish you well with your new line.