Thursday, April 7, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SREEDEVI and THANKS FOR DINNER

Our friend Sreedevi shares her birthday with our son Jason.  So last night, when she had already invited us for Indian food, we brought a cake and celebrated her birthday.

The suffix on the name "Sreedevi" means Goddess.  I found a mug with "Goddess" on it and a definition of "Goddess".  She loved it.  I'm sorry I didn't take a photo of it before I gave it to her.

Anil and Sreedevi on a family heirloom swing (from the 1800's) 

 Sreedevi made Indian food.  She is a very good cook.  She makes loads and loads of food.  We brought the desserts;  birthday cake and apple pie.

Our friends Randy and Sandi were there as well as Maggie who works for RBC.   I worked with Maggie a few times and Sreedevi and her are good friends.  Maggie is considering the full-time life.
Sreedevi and cake

Maggie and Sandi

I must apologize for the quality of our photos.  We have a scratch on the lens of our digital camera.  We bought the camera last October so we sure don't want to have to replace it again.  The internet has several do-it-yourself fix-its but we are not sure about any of them.  We will inquire at at camera store.  Any of you have any ideas?

2 comments:

Jim and Sandie said...

I love a mix of cultures - Indian food and chocolate cake. No idea about your lens. Good luck with it though.

Wanderin' said...

The only thing I know about scratches on lens is that you need to either replace the lens or enjoy the pictures with your eyes half shut. Sorry.