Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Joys of Facebook

I know that there are many folks that don't use Facebook for various reasons and I say "each to their own" but I want to tell you a few things I would be without if not for Facebook.

Over the past two years since I started using Facebook, I have reunited with at least a dozen friends that I haven't seen or heard from in years and years.  Some not for 50 years. 

Today we drove to Green Lake.  Green Lake is about 12 ki east of 70 Mile House.  We went to visit Jacqui who was our next door neighbour in Prince Rupert in the early 50's.  Jacqui is a couple of years older than me and she babysat my brother and I.  Today at lunch, we also met up with her brother Terry who is 4 years older than me.  We remembered things that we hadn't thought about in many many years.  Funny too how, now that we are all grown up, we saw things that the other did not.  I couldn't believe for instance that Jacqui and Terry both were aware of how controlling and regimented my father was and still is.

Thanks to Facebook I was aware of the 100th Homecoming in my hometown of Prince Rupert which we attended in April.  Man, I may not of known about it and having been, I would have really missed out on an amazing time.

I have recently started playing Scrabble on-line on Facebook with my granddaughter in Vancouver.  I have played Scrabble for years and she approached me and asked to play with Gramma.

At one point this summer I was able to help out one of our youngest sons friends.  Ashley is a nursing student in Victoria and with only hours to go she had no one to proof read her final.  I was able to do that for her from Chimacum, Washington.

Anyhow, that's my rant.  I love Facebook.

No comments: