Wednesday, November 12, 2008

November 10, 2008

Our world is turned a little upside down.

Today I decided it would be a good idea to call RBC Human Resources to make sure that I had my eligible retirement day correct. I did not! Because I did not enroll in the pension plan until eight months after my benefits began, I would have an additional eight months, until the end of October 2010, before I could retire and retain my benefits and my pension (a measly $98.00 a month).

After a good cry, Doug and I weighed the pros and cons and decided that it just wasn't worth waiting. Practically and financially it made more sense to not wait. So....we will work hard to finish the house; list it in the spring; and when it sells, I will just quit my job.

It's taking me a bit to get my head around this new accelerated plan but in the long run, I will be happier.

No comments: